Monday 5 August 2013

Blood Orange: The new nails

Gorgeous new nail colour from Barry M, and fab top coat from Sally Hansen

Hello beauties!
So, I found three old manky-looking Boots gift card's in my purse the other day and decided to head into town to see if there was anything on them left. Whaddya know? I had a grand total of around £50.00 left!! So obviously I had to spend it?! Now I've neglected my nails recently so decided to get some lovely new polishes.



So I decided to go the whole hog and get a new base, polish and top coat. Above is the base coat I used, it's actually a base and top coat but I didn't realise it at the time - oops! This stuff is great, easy to apply and cheap. Next I decided on a new polish; I normally go for nudes or darker purples, I decided to change it up and bought Gelly Hi-Shine by Barry M in Blood Orange. This stuff is gorg!



 I was a bit worried at first as when I got it home it did look very, well, orange. But it definitely didn't                                                                                    disappoint!
                                    Next I bought Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat, and this is the finished                                                                                     product:







The colour was amazing, and the Sally Hansen top coat made it very shiny - this top coat actually did what it said and it dried in 30 seconds making my nails completely dry! I would definitely repurchase these products as I think they looked fab. (Please don't mind the fluffy towel - I didn't want to ruin my duvet!)
I hope you guys found this useful, please let me know what you think, it would be much appreciated!

xoxo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely photos and review!
BLOG SALE!

Anita @ ATA|AllThingsAnita

Unknown said...

Thank you gorgeous! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is a great color! And yay for finding forgotten cards!

Unknown said...

Aww thank you! Haha I know I was chuffed! Xoxo

Unknown said...

Hello, I have nominated you for the liebster award over on my blog! it would be great if you took part :)
Shelley xox

Unknown said...

Aww thats so sweet!! Thank you babe! Ill check it out now :) xoxo

Joyful Journeys said...

Love this colour! Haven't noticed it in the Gelly collection before! thanks for showing the top coat - I need to get a good one :) x

Sinead | sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie

Unknown said...

Its fab isnt it! Thanks for the comment hun, glad you found it useful! :) xoxo

h said...

Just getting back into nail care as my nails are pretty tired looking :( Just ordered some products from Fragrance Direct, so should be back on the wagon soon.

BeyondTheSky

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com